TriVolt™ herbicide, a restricted use pesticide, is a new product that is labeled for weed control in field corn, seed corn, and field corn grown for silage.1
Benefits of TriVolt™ herbicide, a restricted use pesticide:2
- Three active ingredients (Table 1).
- Thiencarbazone-methyl, a group 2 herbicide that inhibits an enzyme essential for the plant’s synthesis of certain branched-chain amino acids.
- Isoxaflutole, a group 27 herbicide that affects the plant’s synthesis of plastoquinones and carotenoids.
- Flufenacet, from group 15 which inhibits the production of very long chain fatty acids.
With three modes of action (MOA), TriVolt™ herbicide, a restricted use pesticide, controls a broad spectrum of weed species, including some populations resistant to glyphosate, triazine, PPO (protoporphyrinogen oxidase) inhibitor, ALS (acetolactate synthase) inhibitor, or auxin containing herbicides.1
Table 1. Summary of the active ingredients in TriVolt™ herbicide (Restricted Use Pesticide).
- Keeps fields clean for up to eight weeks, in a variety of weather conditions (Figure 1).2
- The flufenacet component of TriVolt™ herbicide, a restricted use pesticide, has low water solubility along with moderate soil adsorption.
- This property of flufenacet helps TriVolt™ herbicide, a restricted use pesticide, maintain residual control for up to eight weeks even in variable weather conditions.
Table 2. Partial listing of weeds labeled for control with TriVolt™ herbicide (Restricted Use Pesticide).1
There is flexibility as to how TriVolt™ herbicide, a restricted use pesticide, should be applied and the application timing. Application instructions include:1
- May be used in conventional, conservation tillage, or in no-till crop management systems.
- May be applied as preplant, preplant incorporated (less than 2-inches deep), preemergence, or early postemergence (spike through 2-leaf collar growth stages).
- May be tank mixed or applied in sequential applications with other compatible herbicides to control additional weeds.
- Most effective for weed control when applied and subsequently moved into the soil by rainfall, sprinkler irrigation, or mechanical tillage prior to weed emergence.
For more information about TriVolt™ herbicide, please go to TriVolt Herbicide | Crop Science US (bayer.us). TriVolt™ herbicide, a restricted use pesticide, is not labeled in all states. Consult the label for approved states as well as any soil texture or adjuvant restrictions. The complete label for TriVolt™ herbicide, a restricted use pesticide, can be found at TriVolt_Label1fe.pdf
1 TriVolt™ herbicide label. EPA Reg. No. 264-1211. TriVolt_Label1fe.pdf
2Bayer Crop Science. https://www.cropscience.bayer.us/products/herbicides/trivolt/.